Automedia recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to print manufacture and any area that Automedia’s overall business activities encompass.
FSC certification provides a credible link between responsible production and consumption of forest products, enabling consumers and businesses to make purchasing decisions that benefit people and the environment as well as providing ongoing business value. We are committed members of the FSC.
It is Automedia’s objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the our declared policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance. Primarily:
1. Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of Automedia’s equipment plant and operations
2. Adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being
3. Ensure that all sub-contractor operations are in-line with this policy, and that they are aware of their respective responsibilities in the environment
4. Train all employees in environmental issues
5. Minimise the production of waste
6. Minimise material wastage and actively promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
7. Minimise energy wastage
8. Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air. All waste is disposed of under controlled conditions when re-cycling and/or the re-use of the materials is not an available option.
9. Control noise emissions from operations
10. Minimise risk to the general public and employees from Organisation operations and activities.
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement, and abide with the contents of the Environmental Management System Manual.
Automedia constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.